MIO Alpha is the world’s first strapless, continuous heart rate monitor you can wear on your wrist.
What's in the Box:
- MIO Alpha Sports Watch
- USB Charging Dock with Magnetic Alignment
- User Guide
- *Package does NOT include a chest strap (Hooray!)
MIO Alpha Features
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- No uncomfortable chest strap
- Tested accurate at performance speeds
- User-settable heart rate zones with visual and audible alerts
- Data review (total exercise time, average heart rate, time “in zone”)
- Exercise timer
MIO Alpha Compatibility
- Works with most fitness apps including MapMyRun, Wahoo, Endomondo, Runkeeper, etc.
- Bluetooth Smart (4.0) technology connects with smartphones*
- *Works with iPhone 4S and 5, Bluetooth Smart enabled Android and Window phones
- **Please note that you do not need a Bluetooth Smart enabled device to use the Alpha.
MIO Alpha Specs
- Soft silicone strap
- Negative dot-matrix LCD
- Intuitive 2-button navigation
- Tri-color LED heart rate zones
- Secure snap latching system
- Bluetooth® Smart wireless transmitter
- USB charging dock with magnetic alignment
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery
- Battery life in exercise mode lasts 8 - 10 hrs
*Resists water for use when swimming, but is not waterproof for diving. Large arm movements in cold water may affect the heart rate monitor's accuracy. Buttons should not be pressed while the unit is submerged in water. Wireless transmission does not work under water. After swimming, rinse the watch in cold water and dry with a soft cloth.
How does the MIO Alpha work?
Two light beams and an electro-optical cell “sense” the volume of blood under your skin. Because the blood volume pulsates in the rhythm of the heart, so does the signal from the electro-optical cell. This signal is processed by an advanced electronics circuit and passed on to a highly specialized computer program that is embedded in the ALPHA. To date, the stumbling block with this type of technology has been the arm movements while walking or running strongly interfere with the electro-optical signal to the point that it is no longer possible to extract the heart rate from it.
In order to solve this problem the ALPHA has been provided with a separate motion detector. The computer program is able to use the information from this detector to compensate for the disturbance that is generated in the electro-optical signal by walking or running motions. As a result, the ALPHA can display an accurate heart rate even during motion-intense activities.
|Manufacturer Part Number||53P5C2L3, 53P5C6L3|
|Custom Stock Status||No|
|Estimated Ship Date||No|
|Warranty||1 Year Manufacturer|
|Refund or Exhange Policy||30 day refund or exchange|